Hansberry College Prep held their fourth annual College Signing Day program on Thursday, May 23rd. This year, Hansberry College Prep seniors had an outstanding college acceptance rate of 100%.  This event was hosted by Hansberry College Prep’s College Team and  was emceed by Charles Alexander, an Alumni Coordinator and College Counselor at Hansberry College Prep.  Students and their family members also had the opportunity to hear from Alderman Howard Brookins of the 21st Ward.  The Alderman wished the Class of 2019 good luck as they end their time at Hansberry College Prep and embark on a new chapter in life.

College Signing Day is a way for the campus to celebrate and highlight  the many accomplishments their seniors have achieved over their four years at Hansberry College Prep. On average, 95% of Hansberry College Prep’s seniors will be attending a college/university in the U.S., while the other 5% of students will be pursuing their dream of being  in the armed forces or other alternate career paths they’ve chosen to embark on in the Fall. 

Additional highlights from Hansberry College Prep’s Class of 2019 include:

    • 1150 Applications completed
    • 572 Acceptances obtained
    • Earned $8.5 million in Institutional Aid and Scholarships 
    • Posse Scholarship Recipients:
      • Micaela Rufus
      • Jaloni Taylor
    • Benedict College full ride scholarships:
      • Kayla Smith
      • Daphne Harris
      • Jaiden Johnson

    At Noble, we are college bound. As the largest charter public school network in Chicago, Noble’s high school program exposes our students to higher education options and guides them through the collegiate application process. Through college trips, college fairs, summer college immersion programs and required academic courses, Noble demystifies the college experience and shapes students’ beliefs and confidence about higher education.

    Share This