Savannah Henning, 8th grade English teacher at Gary Comer College Prep Middle School
1. What high school did you attend? I went to Cass Technical High School in Detroit, MI.
2. What are some of your hobbies outside of work? I enjoy hair styling (I work at a salon on weekends) and spending time with my family. When I have time, bike riding is something I find to be an awesome stress reliever.
3. What is one highlight of your work so far at Noble? So far I’ve been really pleased with my academic results. Having students start below grade level and exceed our school’s historical data reminds me of how impactful education is and how absorbent our kids are; with the necessary equipment children can deliver.
4. Who is a role model or hero of yours and why? My heroes are everyday working moms: the sacrifice, patience, and hustle that it takes to take care of children and work outside of the home blows my mind. My current role model is Ruth Bader Ginsberg, I admire how much she’s accomplished and affected history, but more than that, she’s so gracious—I find that to be magical!
5. What is your life motto? What drives you?
I guess my life motto would be that everything has an expiration date, whether it be good or bad, so we may as well enjoy what we do/have because it’s bound to change at some point. I’m driven by a challenge; I like to be fruitful. If I can take on a task and accomplish it, then I feel fulfilled. Even if it’s something small like not hitting my nails, I’m satisfied with reaching that goal.
Chelsea Andoh, 8th Grader, Gary Comer College Prep Middle School
1. How would you describe Gary Comer College Prep Middle School?
I would describe Gary Comer College Prep Middle School as determined.
2. What is your favorite part about going to school at GCMS?
My favorite part of attending GCMS is being pushed forward by teachers to be my best.
3. What has been your biggest accomplishment so far?
My biggest accomplishment has been maintaining a 3.5 of higher GPA since the 6th grade.
4. What is your dream job or dream college?
My dream college is Stanford University.
At Noble, we are college bound. As the largest charter public school network in Chicago, Noble’s high school program exposes our students to higher education options and guides them through the collegiate application process. Through college trips, college fairs, summer college immersion programs and required academic courses, Noble demystifies the college experience and shapes students’ beliefs and confidence about higher education.