Kara Young, science and math teacher at Baker College Prep
1. What high school did you attend? I went to Benilde St Margaret’s Catholic High School in Minnesota.
2. What are some of your hobbies outside of work? Spending time with my family, traveling, exercising, trying new restaurants.
3. What is one highlight of your work so far at Noble? Graduating my advisory. It was so special to see my girls walk across the stage and celebrate with their families afterward.
4. Who is a role model or hero of yours and why? My mom. She was a speech pathlologist and gave so much to her students and their families. I remember her writing IEPs on the weekends and at the time I had no idea what they were!
5. What is your life motto? What drives you? Carpie Diem—Seize the day! I try to make the most out of every day in both my personal and professional life. I would like to leave Earth nowing that I made an impact even if it was a small one.
Essi Benedicte Adokou, Junior, Baker College Prep
1. How would you describe Baker College Prep? Baker College Prep is a place where I feel safe, challenged, and a sense of belonging. Each night, I can’t wait for the morning to go to school.
2. What is your favorite part about going to school at Baker? Baker College Prep is like my second family. Staff members and students are there for anybody no matter what, and you can tell them anything without being judged or left out. Therefore, I like going to school just knowing that I can trust anyone.
3. What has been your biggest accomplishment so far? My most significant accomplishments at Baker College Prep so far are Participating in the Summer Of a Lifetime program and winning the Triumph Award. These accomplishments were meaningful to me because they showed me that hard work always pays off, and I can accomplish anything as long as I work for it.
4. What is your dream job or dream college? As I am growing and becoming more independent, I would like to attend either Johns Hopkins University, University of Dubuque, or Lewis University. As a part of my future career, I would like to become a pediatrician because I desire to go encompassing the world to help kids.