There is no doubt this school year will be a historic one. We prepare for the launch of school while a pandemic has changed every aspect of our lives, while our city grapples with the legacy and reality of systemic racism and while we reaffirm, loudly, Black lives matter. Amidst all of this, I have never been more confident for our community to meet the moment.
And so today we share our plan for the first semester of the Noble school year. The perspectives of our Noble community informed this plan and have made it better. More than 1,400 parents, students, teachers, and staff shared their ideas and feedback over the past few weeks. We are guided by principles that place the health and safety of our community paramount, prioritizes high-quality academic instruction, and values the belief that our staff and families must have the choice within any plan to do what is right for themselves and their families.
Our three-step model will maintain excellent remote instruction while building in targeted student support. This system will allow us to prioritize a commitment to health and safety, continue a focus on academic results, and social-emotional support.
Instruction will be remote for the first semester
- Students will be required to log attendance on a daily basis
- Campuses will design a school day that includes an increased amount of synchronous (live) learning opportunities and students will be able to engage with asynchronous (available at any time) material at their own pace
- Traditional grading practices will resume, paired with student supports with an intentional lens of equity and empathy
- Read more about remote instruction at Noble here
- Lea más sobre la instrucción remota en Noble
We will resume in-person programming when it is safe to do so and as informed by comfort levels of staff, students, and families
- In-person participation will remain optional for students and staff
- In-person student support will roll out in steps, including events to orient students back to school and targeted in-person support.
- Staff who are comfortable will have access to Noble buildings beginning on August 17th
- Read more about in-person reopening here
- Lea más sobre la reapertura en persona aquí.
We are committed to the safety of all students, staff, and families
- Face masks must be worn at all times by staff, students, and visitors when at a Noble school
- Social distancing will be maintained to the maximum extent possible and practical
- Schools will be cleaned and disinfected daily, and steps are being taken to optimize airflow and ventilation at all campuses.
- All who wish to enter Noble buildings will undergo a health screen before entry
- Read the entirety of our School Health & Safety Guidelines
- Lea la totalidad de nuestras Pautas de seguridad y salud escolar
Stay connected and informed as the year progresses
- Please complete this survey by August 7th to provide input on upcoming programming
- We will ensure the voices of our Noble community inform our progress through phases of the plan through ongoing surveys.
- We have collected frequently asked questions here and will answer more as they arrive.
- Complete esta encuesta antes del 7 de agosto para brindar información sobre la próxima programación
We appreciate your patience and participation in this planning process. We know there are no perfect choices for this school year, and our goal has been to find the best option given the constraints we face. We hope with these plans that we will be able to provide the best possible school year for students and families.
Our commitment to our vision remains unwavering – we will ensure that all students at Noble will have a positive and equitable school experience that equips them to succeed on the paths of their choice, leading to 75% of our alumni completing college.
Together we will rise to this historic moment.