Expectations of Leaders
At Butler College Prep, we are dedicated to providing our Leaders with a rigorous college preparatory curriculum that ensures success in college and beyond. Our Leaders are expected to adhere to a philosophy of Scholarship, Discipline, and Honor called The Noble Way. Our Leaders are expected to:
- Be Leaders for Butler College Prep
- Arrive to class on time with all materials
- Act “SMART”
- Sit up straight.
- Maintain eye contact.
- Articulate your thoughts.
- Respond appropriately.
- Track your teacher
- Work diligently and do homework nightly
- Exhibit self-control and discipline in and out of school
- Participate in before-school or after-school tutoring sessions if necessary
- Participate in community service activities
- Follow the Student Code of Conduct
- Follow the student dress code
- Work on improving or maintaining health and physical fitness
- Help maintain the school building by keeping it clean and participating in clean-up activities
- Serve all detentions or suspensions that are earned
- Treat Butler faculty, staff, and other Leaders with respect
- Accept responsibility for their behavior
We believe these guidelines provide the framework for a well-rounded person who will not only excel academically but develop critical interpersonal skills. A well-rounded student should embrace the arts, physical fitness, and other forms of creative expression.