Expectations of Scholars
Gary Comer College Prep Middle School is committed to making sure each and every one of our scholars achieves the highest levels of academic success and realizes our goal of becoming well-rounded and successful college graduates. To achieve our vision, attendance at Gary Comer College Prep Middle School requires that scholars conduct themselves in a manner that will assure success throughout life.
As a scholar at Gary Comer College Prep Middle School, each scholar is expected to:
- Attend and arrive on time every day with all required materials
- Exhibit our character strengths of grit, zest, optimism, social intelligence, self control, curiousity, and gratitude at all times.
- Follow the student dress code and code of conduct
- Do approximately 1-2 hours of homework each night
- Participate in after-school tutoring sessions if necessary
- Participate in enrichment, community service and college exploration activities
- Work on improving or maintaining health and physical fitness
- Help maintain the school building by keeping it clean and participating in clean-up activities
- Accept responsibility by serving all LaSalles and detentions earned.
- Treat GCMS faculty, staff, and other scholars with the utmost respect
These guidelines provide the framework for a well-rounded scholar who will not only excel academically but develop critical social and interpersonal skills. Additionally, a well-rounded scholar should embrace the arts, physical fitness, and other joys of the creative human experience.