Parents and Guardians Commitment
DRW College Prep is committed to changing the game for urban education on the west side of Chicago. In order to do this, we must partner with our parents and guardians in a true & authentic way. We work hard to provide a safe & loving learning environment that is rooted in the highest of expectations for our scholars, staff, and families. This is our promise to our families. In exchange, we understand that there have to be several things that our families must reinforce at home for the true success of our scholars.
At DRW College Prep, our parents & guardians must:
• Agree that unacceptable behavior is a family affair
• Assure that your child gets to school on time everyday prepared to work
• Support your child’s preparedness for school by ensuring nightly homework completion
• Make no excuse for your child’s actions and hold your child responsible for their behavior
• Monitor your child’s performance via the modes of communication and partnership the school provides
We hold high expectations because we believe in our children. We maintain high expectations because we love them. Trust is key to this partnership working.