Hansberry College Prep maintains the programs that are at the core of Noble’s culture and aims to enhance students’ academics as an IB World School by offering the Diploma Programme. These programs are designed to enrich our students’ experience and provide them with the scholarship, discipline, and honor to be successful in college and beyond.
To strengthen the academic potential of our scholars the Hansberry College Prep campus provides:
- Over 2,000 minutes of instructional time per week
- A rigorous core of literature, math, science, history, and foreign language for all students
- Opportunities for more rigorous coursework as an International Baccalaureate World School
- Academic enrichment courses after school include: Student Council, Debate Team, Competitive and Non-competitive dance, Step, Aquarium club, Piano, and drama.
To help build the discipline of students the Hansberry College Prep campus offers:
- A variety of athletics, including basketball, football, volleyball, softball, baseball, cheerleading, cross country, track and field, and sports management.
- Student-led Town Hall presentations, which can address community issues or showcase student work in a school wide assembly.
- A rigorous physical education program which includes fitness requirements to pass to the next grade
To help further the extent to which our students honor the community the Hansberry Prep campus offers:
- A four year commitment to community service
- Community service requirements to pass to the next grade
- Town Halls in which the community is welcome
- Clubs and co-curricular activities that focus on bettering the community
- Parent involvement during and after school
- Awareness of the local and greater community built into academic classes