Baker College Prep is focused on giving all students a rigorous college-prep education. The foundations of our academic program that allow us to prepare students for college in four years include, but are not limited to:
- College-Readiness Curriculum – Teachers plan their courses across all four years using standards aligned to the SAT and college persistence
- Support through Advisory – Students are a part of an advisory in which students remain for all four years. In advisory, students develop a close personal relationship with an advisor who supports them in high school and prepares them for success in college.
- College & Alumni Counseling- Students begin college exploration their freshman year. All Seniors have a college seminar class with a counselor who supports their college and financial aid application processes. All alumni have an alumni counselor who supports them in graduating from college.
- Excellent Teachers- Teachers who are selected to teach at Baker College Prep go through a rigorous selection process. All teachers embody our core values, believe in the potential of all students to graduate from college, and aim to be masters of their teaching craft.
- Accountability-Students are held to high standards for discipline and for academics and learn to take responsibility for their success and for the success of our Baker community.
- Partnership and Commitment – All Baker College Prep staff members, families of Baker College Prep students, and Baker College Prep community partners share a commitment to bettering the academic paths of our students.