School History & Mission
MISSION & GOALS
Pritzker College Prep aims to arm each of our students with the passions, skills, and academics necessary to succeed in college and lead exemplary lives.
Pritzker’s goal is to position our students for admission to and graduation from the most competitive universities and colleges in America. We do this through ensuring equitable opportunities for students to engage in rigorous academics, strong character education, strong college counseling, and well-rounded options for extracurricular activities and sports to ensure passions and curiosities are cultivated.
Therefore, we aim to achieve:
- 100% of our students accepted to a variety of 4 year colleges and universities so that students have the power to choose their best path.
- 1100+ on the SAT and a B+ grade average for better college access and placement
- A safe, consistent, and supportive community of peers and staff
- A wealth of clubs and activities to help each student develop their passions and find a niche (over 50 exist currently)
- Personal academic advisors, separate from their college counselors, that help students daily over their four years
- College Scholarships and grant support to help make college affordable (over $50,ooo,ooo last year awarded to our seniors!)
Pritzker College Prep first opened its doors in 2006, as one of the first expansion campuses. Since then, we have increased our enrollment to over 900 students and have been sending our graduates off to college since 2010. All (100%) of our seniors are admitted to college, every year. Of those, over 70% have been accepted to the top 100 ranked colleges in America.
A sample of colleges include: Brown University, the College of William and Mary, Columbia University, Connecticut College, Cornell University, Dartmouth College, DePauw University, Grinnell College, Harvard College, Johns Hopkins University, New York University, Northwestern University, Oberlin College, Occidental College, Princeton University, Stanford University, Tufts University, UCLA, University of Chicago, University of Michigan, University of Pennsylvania, United States Military Academy at West Point, University of Virginia, Vanderbilt University, University of Illinois, University of Michigan, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wesleyan University, Williams College, and Yale University.
Part of our success can be attributed to the generosity of our naming donors, Penny Pritzker and her husband Bryan Traubert. Penny and Bryan have supported the Pritzker campus, and indeed, the entire Noble Network, in many ways. Bryan served on Noble’s Board of Directors from 2009 to 2011 and both actively supported Noble’s expansion through the Pritzker Traubert Family Foundation. Their commitment to high quality education for Chicago’s youth also helped found Noble’s tenth campus, Johnson College Prep in Englewood and Hansberry College Prep.